- I’m going to take the vow of not buying anything new unless I’m replacing something old. And nothing new unless I try Freecycle, Craigslist, or vintage/thrift stores first. No new clothing, jewelry, accessories. I have way too many of those already.
- I’m undertaking the Minimalism Game with my minimalist meetup group. I’ll be getting rid of one (or several) thing(s) a day that correspond with the day of the month. Eek!
- Sell all the clothing that I’m ready to part with to Buffalo Exchange or on ebay; donate the rest
- Sign up for Bennett Compost again (pending roommate approval)
- Use up the remaining food items in my pantry and refrigerator, then brainstorm where I can buy the items I need in bulk/without packaging. There will probably be less Trader Joes and more Whole Foods, farmer’s markets and Reading Terminal Market in my future
- Use up my remaining shampoo and try switching to “no poo” (double eek)
- Use up my toothpaste and mouthwash and switch to tooth powder and oil pulling (maybe? the oil’s going in the trash, so that’s not ideal)
- Palmolive/handwashing soap/laundry detergent: I’m pretty sure I’m finishing this imminently. I’m going to switch to soap nuts.
- Sell off: short bookcase
- Post on Craigslist/Freecycle: frisbees, plastic jug, phone charger, accessories cabinet
- Document waste/recycling generated here!
- reserve Monday nights for meditation
- only check personal email twice a day, Facebook once a day-disconnect these from my phone
- use up remaining boxes of tissues; switch to cloth hankies
- finish tooth powder and switch to homemade tooth powder
- once spring/summer hits, use up the zinc oxide sunscreen that I do have, and investigate slightly less aesthetically atrocious options
- work on using up my vitamins/supplements and floss
- identify and get rid of/reduce remaining plastic in my life